What is a Skin Chemical Peel?
A chemical peel or skin peel is a non invasive skin resurfacing procedure that can improve the skin quality and appearance of the skin on the face, neck and/or hands.
This treatment uses chemical solution to exfoliate the top layers of the dead skin cells to allow new skin to regrow. Giving the new and regenerated skin a much smoother feel and radiant glow.
Three basic types of chemical peels ranges as such :
- Superficial or lunchtime peel: The chemical peel is used to penetrate only the outer layer of skin to gently exfoliate it. The treatment is used to improve the appearance of mild skin discoloration and rough skin as well as to refresh the face, neck, chest or hands.
- Medium peel: The medium peel is used to penetrate the outer and middle layers of skin to remove damaged skin cells. The treatment is used to improve age spots, fine lines and wrinkles, freckles and moderate skin discoloration. It also can be used to smooth rough skin and treat some precancerous skin growths, i.e. actinic keratosis.
- Deep peel: Trichloroacetic acid or phenol is applied to deeply penetrate the middle layer of skin to remove damaged skin cells. The treatment removes moderate lines, age spots, freckles and shallow scars. Patients will see a dramatic improvement in skin appearance. The procedure is used on the face and only can be performed once.
Are There Benefits To Chemical Peels?
Chemical peels are generally effective in treating a range of skin conditions because the desired depth of the damage is entirely dependent upon the doctor after assessing the skin condition to be treated.
If performed by an experienced doctor, the treated skin will be visibly brighter, resulting in a more youthful complexion with less visible appearance of pigmentation.
Chemical Peels At VIDASKIN
Unlike traditional chemical peels that work by damaging the surface skin to get to the deeper, newer skin underneath, our signature chemical peels help to reverse the visible effects of damage in two ways. First, they power away dull, dead cells to illuminate the skin and reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, age spots, clogged pores and blemishes. Then, they support collagen for firmer-looking skin over time. Dr. Vicki will share which chemical peel will best target your skin’s individual needs.
How Will I Know Which Chemical Peel Will Be Suitable?
At VIDASKIN Clinic we always source only the highest-grade cosmeceutical range of peels and post-care products to ensure you always only get the best. Before pairing a Chemical peel for you, we will first carry out an indepth skin analysis by leveraging on the VISIA® system.
The VISIA® Complexion Analysis system makes it possible to customize your skin care program and formulations for your specific complexion, as well as to actively monitor and optimize these formulations over time. See clinically accurate improvements in your skin when you journey with us.
How VISIA® Complexion Analysis Works
How does the VISIA® complexion analysis work? We use multispectral photos of different wavelengths, including infrared light, to identify visible and invisible changes in the skin that may indicate skin issues and disease. This non-invasive thermal imaging can identify the overall condition of your skin and may even lead to an early diagnosis of skin cancer.
The TruSkin Age™ system evaluates your skin based on the presence of:
- Sun damage just below the skin surface
- Visible spots
- Uneven skin texture (raises or depressions in the skin)
- Enlarged pores
- Pigmentation or discoloration under the skin
- Areas of possible spider veins
- Signs of bacteria within pores, can lead to acne and skin blemishes
Only Trusted & Proven Medical Grade Chemical Peels Used
The skin peels we use uses a patented technology that does not immediately damage the surface of the skin. Acid activity starts when the chemical is fully absorbed by the skin, and acid protons are activated in a controlled manner as they exert their full effects on different layers of the skin. With less immediate damage done on the skin surface, Skin Peel Renewal is a remarkable chemical peel treatment that causes less surface trauma without compromising on the efficacy of the treatment.
The Image peel series treats wrinkles, blemishes and uneven pigmentation to reveal improved skin texture, more clarity and a more even tone. All Image peels are formulated in aloe vera-based gel to protect the skin. It's non-comedogenic, and has no chemical preservatives, artificial colors/dye or animal-derived ingredients. It is also paraben and petrochemical free. Fragrances are composed of 100% Essential oils.
What Is The Downtime Associated With Skin Peel Renewal Treatments?
Unlike traditional chemical peel that damages the skin surface, this chemical peel induces very little damage and has close to no downtime. Our highly effective chemical peel allows patients to resume their daily activities after the procedure.
- Deep cleansing for the skin
- Smoother skin texture
- Unclogging of pores, removal of dead skin cells
- Brighter, softer skin
- Skin rejuvenation and repair
- Reduce uneven skin tone and texture
How Can I Prep Myself For This Treatment?
You are strongly advised to avoid excessive sun exposure before and after any medical aesthetic treatments. Please discontinue the use of Retin A products for one week prior to the treatment.
As with any laser or chemical treatments, always use adequate sun protection (SPF 50 and above), and a suitable skin care regimen.
Find Our How You Can Enjoy A Customise Peel On Top Of Your Other Treatments!
Patients who seek Skin Toning, Skin Rejuvenation, and treatment for Pigmentary Disorders like Melasma, Freckles etc, Pore Refining, and Anti-aging solutions are ideal candidates for this treatment.
If you are still unsure of how you can benefit from our medical grade chemical peels in our VIDASKIN® Peel Bar, we would like to invite you down for a nonobligatory, private consultation with Dr. Vicki. At VIDASKIN Medical Aesthetic Clinic, our approach to patient care is personal and bespoke, with carefully crafted treatment plans that perfectly meet your wants and needs.
Feel free to send us some photos instead if you are unable to find the time for a consultation. Our qualified staffs and doctor here at VIDASKIN is here to help you achieve your aesthetic goals so you can look and feel your best.